Saturday, May 11, 2013

Relay Fun


We recently had Relay for Life week at my school.  My new principal agreed to allow me to plan and organize events all week long to raise money for Team Moxie.  It was a lot of work and I will be very happy if I don't ever have to roll coins again, but it was well worth the effort.  Chandler Creek raised over 3,000 dollars! 

At the end of the week, any class that raised 100 dollars got to throw a pie at their teacher or Mrs. Mills our principal.  Check out the pics.


Ready for our pies!

 Right to the face!
Love this pic!

All the teachers who participated were such good sports.  It's going to be hard to top this next year!

Relay for Life is one week away and I'm getting excited about seeing everyone and honoring those who are currently fighting or have lost their lives to cancer.  Today, Kristy, and I made luminaries for people who have bought them in honor or memory of loved ones with cancer.  We have sold a total of 17.  Here are a few that I made today.




On Relay night these will line the track.  

It's not too late to buy a luminary in honor or in memory of your loved one.  They are only ten dollars and all the money goes to the American Cancer Society.  Message me if you are interested.


0 comments:

Post a Comment