Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Boston Strong


Nick and I celebrated our 9th anniversary last Wednesday.  I decided that we would skip our normal out to dinner routine and instead run a humid 2.6 miles to raise money for the Boston One fund.  The Greenville Drive, our local baseball team, held this race to donate money to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing.  Somehow, I talked Nick and Blake into running it with me.  Kayla, Nick's sister, joined in on the fun too.  

Little did I know when we signed up for the race that it was going to be the hottest day of the summer.  When I say hot, I mean HOT!  I have run two half marathons this year and neither were as difficult as that 2.6 miles.  That was the toughest race I have ever run.  The course was fine, but it was just too humid to even be outside.  The race was a struggle, but it was well worth it when standing at the finish line (which was home plate at the Drive stadium) was the entire Drive team waiting to give you a high five.  
Blake, me, Nick, and Kayla

0 comments:

Post a Comment