Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rub a Dub Dub - Read a Book in the Tub


Last week I went to a workshop to learn about the new reading curriculum that we will implement this year.  This specific curriculum includes 30-40 minutes of independent reading for students every single day.  During independent reading students need special places to read.  
I've always wanted an old claw foot tub for my classroom and what better time than to get one than now?!  Dad found one in a matter of hours and we drove to Hendersonville to pick it up.  The lady who sold it to us had it in her front yard full of flowers.  We dug it up and brought it home.  Here is a pic of my new tub.

After I get back from the beach I'm going to work on repairing and painting it.  Then it's off to find some pillows and it will be ready for reading!

I've also started a new Donor's Chose project.  I definitely need more books for my classroom library in order to meet the needs of this new curriculum.  Check out my project here:

Click Here

For $208 I will be able to add lots of new books.  The good news is that all donations that are made before June 26th will be matched.  So, if someone donates ten dollars I actually get 20!!  Just enter the code INSPIRE if you are interested and the Board of Directors will match your donation dollar for dollar!  Even five bucks will help!

0 comments:

Post a Comment