Monday, August 13, 2012

Cancer

I guess I should just start this post by directing you to this link:


Nick, Grant, and John all lived together at Clemson. How weird that John and I both lose our moms to cancer within several weeks of one another.  

Nick and I went to the visitation tonight.  It broke my heart when I turned the corner and saw John.  I completely knew every emotion he was feeling at that point.  At Mom's visitation I remember one person coming through the line, and I can't even remember who it was, I just remember her saying that she lost her mom when she was 30 years old to cancer, and she was also seven months pregnant at the time.  She was just one of the handful of people who truly understood how I was feeling.  Her words were encouraging.  I hope that John had a few of those people come through his mom's line tonight.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment