Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Unless someone cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" - Dr. Seuss

It's a tough time for educators. Supply money has been cut and teachers are expected to spend their own money on much needed supplies. I received no money for classroom supplies this year and zero copy paper. Everything I use is bought with my own money or donated by the parents in my classroom. (Big thanks to Mom and Dad for the box of copy paper they gave me Monday!)

I have wished on many occasions that I had individual white boards for my kids. This year I really feel the need for them so that we don't use as much paper. A website called donor's choose allows teachers to ask for supplies and donors from around the country can pick a project and choose to fund it.

I set up a project the other night asking for 30 whiteboards, erasers, and markers that came to a total of $486.25. I was excited last night to find out that Duke Energy has donated $243.12 to my cause! That means I only need $243.13 more until my project is completed!!

Once it is completed, my students will send a thank you package to all the donors with pics and cards!

You can see my project or donate by clicking on the following link:

We're Going Green!

Check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment