B loves playing on her table and chairs
Ready for her ride in the red wagon
Exhausted!
Today is the third day this week that school was canceled for me. I'm not sure why it was canceled today, we could have had a two hour delay and been fine. However, I'm not the decision maker. The good news is that because school was canceled I was able to go to Brooklynn's doctor's appointment. We weren't able to get into the doctor for B's one year check up until this week. She was due for four shots and a finger prick. Here are her measurements:
Height- 31 inches - 90th percentile
Weight- 23 lbs 0 oz - 75th percentile
The doctor said that once a child turns one, a growth pattern can be established. She charted out all of Brooklynn's measurements over the past year for both height and weight. She showed us the graphs and said that Brooklynn is going to be tall and slender as she grows up, so apparently that big gut that we love so much is going to disappear.
We spent a pretty good amount of time in the office today. Dr. Hosford got backed up so the nurse started with her shots. B screamed for all of three seconds, pulled off her Band-Aids and then she was fine. We had to wait about 40 minutes after that for the doctor. B spent her time walking from one end of the room to the other pushing her baby, Peanut, in the chair like it was a stroller. This kept her entertained for quite some time. Here is a photo:

Overall the doctor was pleased and she said that B is a healthy gal. Her next appointment is at the end of March.
B and I spent the rest of the day playing and we also went for a ride in her red wagon. She took one 2 hour nap and I eventually had to wake her up so that we could go get Nick a few things from Target for his trip to California tomorrow. I've enjoyed my extra long weekend with B. Tomorrow we have a two hour delay which gives me just the right amount of time to get her to daycare before work!
Brooklynn wants to tell Mimi that she hopes she feels better soon!


0 comments:
Post a Comment