First, let me update everyone on Nana. She has been in the hospital all week long. Some times she is sitting up eating and watching tv and then hours later she will be completely out of it. We were very concerned Wednesday night and we weren't sure if she was going to be able to hang in there. Since then, however, she has made a huge turn around and was released Saturday afternoon. She was able to return to Gardens at Eastside, but they will have to up her care a little.
Nick and I have been very busy this week trying to find somewhere to live. What started as trying to lease a house turned into trying to buy it. We didn't even think this was an option, but it turns out that we are able to buy a home! We are certain of the neighborhood in which we want to live. We like this neighborhood, Pelham Falls, for several reasons:
1. Kids, kids, kids! I want B to grow up with as many kids/friends in her neighborhood that I had in Coach Hills. I love driving down the street and interrupting 7 kids playing kickball in the middle of the street.
2. Swim team- I spent my summers at the pool when I was growing up and swam for years on the swim team. I want B to have the same good experience.
3. The Goddard School- We are currently driving 20-25 minutes each way to get Brooklynn to daycare. The Goddard School is right down the road from Pelham Falls.
4. Great school district- Woodland Elementary, Riverside Middle (a Palmetto's Finest Award Winner) and Riverside High.
These are the most important things for me because I wouldn't trade my childhood growing up in Coach Hills for anything. The house really is not as important for me (Nick may feel differently about that though).
We looked at one house earlier in the week and we just couldn't come to terms with the owners. Nick even drove 4 hours from Chapel Hill Thursday morning just to make an offer. They weren't willing to work with us, so we moved to one of the other homes for sale in Pelham Falls. (After looking at another house it just made me realize how overpriced the first house really was.) The great thing about the second house is that it has a HUGE backyard with a tree house for B! It needs a little landscaping, however. The inside of the house is getting new carpet when the owners move out in May. Nick and I will have to paint pretty much the entire house because it has some crazy wallpaper and some really wild wall colors. But, we pretty much expected that any house we bought would have to be painted. We also would eventually like to redo the bathrooms, but as my friend Jessica pointed out, the most expensive room to update has already been done. The kitchen of this house is great. Now I know what many of you are thinking, Jill doesn't even cook. Yes, this is true but that doesn't mean I don't want a nice kitchen. The fridge is huge and I am glad they are leaving it behind. The outside of the house also needs a good pressure wash, but that shouldn't cost much.
We put in an offer last night, they came back with another offer, and we accepted. We sign on Sunday! Hopefully nothing changes between now and then.
Here it is!
LOVE the kitchen! Maybe it will inspire me to cook, but I doubt it.
We really love this house and the owners are ready to move on. A huge selling point for me is that the house is on a dead end with a pool. Sound familiar?!?





1 comments:
I am so excited for yall!! I love love love the house! I can't wait to come visit!
Post a Comment