Monday, May 17, 2010

Big Week for Mommy

Today was a nice Monday. Usually Mondays are the most stressful day of the week, but Nick stuck around today waiting on his bar review books to arrive. They finally came around dinner time.

Apparently, I have hit my limit on the amount of pictures I can upload onto the blog. I'm trying to figure out a way to get around buying more space, so I may not be posting pictures for a few days until I can get it figured out.

On a different note, this week is a big week for my class and school. We have our reading and math end of grade testing Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. These state tests are a big deal everywhere thanks to No Child Left Behind (or No Teacher Left Standing, as I like to call it.) But, EOGs are a huge deal for charter schools in North Carolina. NC is somewhat hostile towards charter schools and recently passed a state policy saying that if less than 60% of students at a single charter school don't pass the EOG for two years straight, then the school will be shut down immediately. To put that into perspective, if that same policy applied to public schools, 164 public schools across NC would have been shut down last year. Too say that the teachers at my school feel a little pressure is an understatement considering we are a Title 1 school. Yes, I know what you may be thinking, I will not be at Joy next year, but I'm leaving behind some great kids and teachers. Hopefully my kids will take the next few days seriously so that we aren't impacted with the new policy in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment