Friday, May 7, 2010

This Week- odds and ends

Wow, we have had a very busy week here in Chapel Hill and I haven't had time to blog. I had to go home mid-week for two job interviews and I spent the remainder of the week trying to get caught up.

This morning B had a Mother's Day breakfast at school. Unfortunately I could not attend since I already missed last Friday and had to miss another day on Wednesday while I was in Greenville. Nick filled in and played Mr. Mom for the day. He and B had blueberry muffins and she drew a pretty picture.

Here is a picture of B on the ride home today. She is searching for lost Cheerios.

This week was Teacher Appreciation Week! Thanks to all the wonderful current and retired teachers reading this blog who have dedicated so much of their time, hard work and love. Mimi, Aunt Stephanie, Aunt Bidney, Aunt Shay, Meredith, Nana, Mrs. Long, the list goes on and on. For those of you who teach you will appreciate this pic:


Being at a Title One school, Teacher Appreciation Week isn't as big of a deal for us as it is at most schools. With that being said, the gifts that I receive are much more creative. I got lots of homemade cards, a necklace made of rubber bands and hair bows and the above cake. One of my students, Zahra, baked it herself! If you look closely you can see my name at the bottom!

Today is also a very important day for Blake's girlfriend, Kaley! She graduated from Troy this morning! We are glad that she is done and will be closer to South Carolina from now on! B and I are looking forward to hanging out with Kaley this summer by the pool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment