Friday we had to take Piper, our new kitten, to the vet. She was acting sick all week, not eating, and just not being herself. Two hundred and fourteen dollars later we are still waiting on a diagnosis. The vet was kind enough to give us some free flea meds and food for Tug and Piper. They both picked up fleas last week. Luckily, the itching is now slowing down. The vet called this afternoon and Piper has round worms, which isn't the problem and is just something passed on from her mother. The flea meds will fix that. He is concerned that she may have FIV. I don't know what that stands for, but it isn't curable and basically means Piper will live a short life and never really be healthy. It also means that her growth will be messed up and may explain why she is still only 3 pounds. Anyway, I have to take her back on Tuesday so they can get more blood. Apparently the first time around they couldn't get enough. Hopefully I'm not going to be charged for that too! Thanks to Mimi for picking B up from school and babysitting so I could take Piper to the vet!
Brooklynn had a good day today. We woke her up this morning at 9:30, she ate breakfast and then took another nap after playing a little in her playroom. This afternoon we went shopping for a dining room table (which we haven't bought yet) and went to visit Mimi and Pops. B then took another good nap and I had to wake her up again for supper. Here are some pics of B playing in her room tonight after dinner.


0 comments:
Post a Comment