Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nellie



Nana passed away Monday morning with Mom and Aunt Shay by her side. We will miss her dearly.

I will always be thankful that I had Nana for 29 years. Most people don't get to know and love their grandparents like Blake and me. We have been very fortunate to have them around and to have gotten the opportunity to know what great people they truly were. Papa and Nana were so giving and always made sure that Mom, Dad, Blake and me had the things we needed. I can remember all the way back to elementary school when Nana made my ball gown for our Cinderella play (because we all know Mom can't sew!) all the way up to giving me gas money each semester to drive back and forth to my graduate school classes. Not to mention all the love and generosity in between. Papa and Nana have set such a good example for what type of parent I want to be with Brooklynn. I hope that Brooklynn Brown always remembers that her middle name is something in which to be proud. I can only hope that B has all her grandparents for as long as I did because they are truly a blessing.

Nana's visitation will be Friday from 7-9 in Clayton and her funeral will be Saturday 2:00 at The Head of Tennessee Baptist in Dillard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment