Sunday, August 22, 2010

Who Needs Water?

Last week was a little stressful for me trying to adjust to all demands that come with teaching in a new state. I was at work every day until about 5:30. Luckily, I was able to scratch off a lot of things on my To Do List this weekend. I ended up with 17 pages of lesson plans for next week. Can you believe that? 17 pages? Writing lesson plans simply to help guide me when I teach is no longer an option. Objectives, standards, essential questions, yada, yada, yada, and it ends up being page after page of endless activities. Quite an adjustment. I do have to say that I am very excited to have a SMARTboard in my classroom. I have yet to figure out how to use the thing, but I can't wait to try! Right now I am waiting for someone to come and install the software on my laptop so I can use it. The days of the dry erase board are over (which is great bc dry erase markers aren't cheap)!!

Brooks was happy to get some Mommy and Daddy time this weekend. Tonight I put her in the tub and she just did not want to get out. I finally drained all the water and she still just sat there playing. Here is a pic:



I'm hoping things slow down a little this week and I'm also hoping that I can get to Brooklynn a little earlier in the afternoon. Luckily last week Mimi picked her up after work so she wasn't there until 6.

Saturday night we were in the playroom and Brooklynn went and got the book, Five Little Monkeys. She opened the book and started singing while pointing at the monkey, "No more monkey jumping bed!" It was pretty cute.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope life slows down for you! I met a girl at iRun whose 14 month old daughter also goes to the Goddard school and she said you and her sister were best friends growing up.. or something like that. My memory sucks. But they brought baby girl and pushed her in the stroller. I think you need to come too! :)

Post a Comment