Sunday, June 13, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Well, I made it to Greenville and spent the entire weekend TRYING to unpack. I haven't made much progress. Nick and I have discovered that it is next to impossible to unpack with B running around. She has definitely made herself right at home and enjoys running laps around the downstairs. Needless to say, we get most of our work done before she wakes up and after she goes to sleep at night.

We have a few rooms in the house that needed to be painted asap. We had not planned on painting the master bedroom, but the former owners patched up the walls which left big white spots everywhere. Nick and I have spent the last three nights painting the bedroom. We are almost done, we just need to finish the trim. Well, let me rephrase that, Nick needs to finish the trim. I would make a complete mess of it with my shaky hands!

The next room we plan to paint is the playroom. Right now it is a teal green which is way too dark and makes the room feel like a cave.

I have lots of thank yous to post from my birthday, our anniversary, and house warming presents. Tonight I am just going to start with a few.

Granny and Poppa stopped by for a visit yesterday and brought us two beautiful rose bushes. We had the perfect place underneath the kitchen window to plant them. Now, if we can just keep the squirrels out of them we will be in business. If you look on the stairs you will see my pot of marigolds that the squirrels killed. Yes, we have actually seen a squirrel sitting in the pot. They LOVE all the bird feeders. This morning I looked out the window and counted eight squirrels!!


A big thanks again to Bidney, who kept B last week! We really appreciate your help. Thanks also to Mom and Dad who have been wonderful babysitters while Nick and I have been running around town trying to take care of things. Also, Gram and Poopa, who kept B last night so that Nick and I could go out to dinner for our 6th anniversary.

Below is a picture of Brooklynn that I took Friday night while we were at Salsaritas for dinner with Mimi and Pops. Brooklynn greeted everyone who walked in and was really feeling the Mexican music. She was entertaining us with her best moves. She was upset when it was time to leave and started crying. I have a feeling we may be spending more time at Salsaritas. It is so kid friendly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment