I learned yet another valuable lesson this weekend while in Charleston. 17 months is not the best age for vacations! I don't think I could have handled one more day of vacation with Brooklynn, who is rotten! :) I even had two sets of grandparents there to help out! I did love Charleston though! Nick and I are planning on going back for a weekend (minus B) after Thanksgiving. I've never spent any time there before now.
Brooklynn has 100% hit her terrible twos. Her tantrums are frequent and loud! Sometimes I wonder if I am raising a tyrant! I do know, however, that her behavior is normal for her developmental stage so we are taking her fits one at a time. She usually just gets frustrated when she can't have something she wants (we ignore her during these fits and we don't reward her with whatever the object may be) and when she is trying to tell us something that we can't figure out (the ultimate guessing game).
Sometimes it is hard not to laugh at B. For example, we took a carriage ride through downtown Charleston Saturday night. It was about an hour long and B did really well. She did demand to hold the water bottle the whole time (she doesn't want a sippy cup any longer.) She was actually kind enough to pull back my shirt and dump the entire bottle down my shirt during the ride. Thanks, B! It was hot! I looked at her (in shock) and she just started giggling. Like I said, ROTTEN!
I'll post our pics tonight! B had an awesome time at the pool and we really enjoyed the Tonnsen wedding. The Tonnsens sure know how to marry girls who can throw a fabulous reception. Two Tonnsen weddings and both sit at the top of my favorite receptions list!
Wordless Wednesday - Out for a Stroll!
5 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment