As I mentioned the other night, we have a huge bed in the front of our yard that had lots of weeds and a few stray prickly bushes covered in pine straw. (Have I mentioned how much I dislike pine straw?) Here is a pic I took of the bed yesterday.
What you can't see from this picture is the massive amount of ivy growing on the other side. Ugh. (Have I mentioned that I am not a fan of ivy either?)
So yesterday we purchased some mulch and got to work. We don't want to invest a ton of money into the yard at this point because I would prefer to plant grass in this spot in the fall, so we just bought a few flowers and hostas.
We finished pulling up the bushes and ivy plus spreading the mulch this morning.
No, the mulch is not two different colors. It is just wet from the sprinklers.
We ran out of mulch before we even got to the side beds. We'll get to those on Monday. Thanks, Mimi and Pops for keeping Brooklynn last night.
This afternoon my arms are sore my legs are weak so I decided to do this:
If you look closely you can see Nick and our little guppie floating around in the pool. Our neighborhood has two pools. I like this one bc it is right down the street, smaller, shady, and less crowded! Four people in the pool on a Saturday afternoon! Ahhh!





0 comments:
Post a Comment